Daron Larson (Mindful Awareness Coach)
In which we discuss mindfulness and how thinking about being, and thinking about thinking can influence our decisions.
Topics, links and context for the audio.
Daron Larson is a mindful awareness coach, teacher and speaker. He is also the founder of At Home in Your Life, where he helps clients train their attentional fitness.
- What the heck is an academic librarian
- Collecting accurate information for decisions
- On the satisfaction of surprise
- On the double edged sword of technology
- Digital junk food vs deeper connections
- "The world is never going to be less distracting than it is right now"
- Sneaking attention exercises into every day life
- Implications of being in an attention economy
- Exercising your attention fitness
- Deconstructing and disrupting impulses
- The virtues of navigating boredom
- Paradoxical insights
- Mindfulness and emotions
- Self awareness, sensory experience and being alive
- Making the decision making process tidier
- Making decisions emotionally and justifying them through logic
- Bridging the gap between the gut and the brain
- How to get started with mindfulness
- Going to narrative by default, breaking that cycle
- The laboratory of your life