Maureen Metcalf (Leadership Consultant)
Founder, CEO, and Board Chair of Metcalf & Associates. Maureen is a highly sought-after expert in anticipating and leveraging future business trends to transform organizations. She has captured her thirty years of experience and success in an award-winning series of books which are used by public, private and academic organizations to align company-wide strategy, systems and culture with innovative leadership techniques.
Topics, links and context for the audio.
- On Kaizen and continuous improvement
- Contrasting leadership styles
- Characteristics of a great leader
- On resolution, flexibility and conviction within leadership
- How leadership works
- "Strong convictions, weakly held"
- Types of decisions that leaders struggle with
- Common solutions employed to work on the decision making process
- System 1 vs system 2 and how they relate to leadership decision making
- The importance of the scientific method
- Hierarchy and information bottleneck within organizations
- Maureen on Twitter
- Innovative Leadership Institute
- Maureens show