Culture and Effective Marketing
An exploration of how culture relates to marketing.
Get new episodes beamed directly into your inbox.
Get an email when a new episode goes up. Not more than weekly. No spam, no B.S.
Expand show notes
Topics, links and context for the audio.
- How studying the culture impacts marketing
- Demography and personas, and why they get things wrong
- Introduction to Abbreviated culture
- How to get your messages across in ways that people want to receive them
- How modern consumers spend their time
- It's not about efficiency, it's about brevity
- What does the internet look like in 10, 20 years
- Marketing opportunities and capturing value from required touchpoints
- Taking advantage of the compression of information
- Being true to the channel and going native
- The big risk of short content
- The brain hates marketing... but it loves shortcuts
- The F shape of web browsing interaction
- F-Shaped Pattern For Reading Web Content (original study)
- Social Clicks: What and Who Gets Read on Twitter?
- "Ideas that challenge us have no place in this interruption hierarchy"
- Why I'm ignoring my impulses and taking a depth year in 2019
- Authenticity is everything in marketing