Jacob Graf (Founder, Graf Technology)
In this episode, I interview my good friend, Jacob Graf. It's a candid, friendly conversation, but we discuss Jacobs unique worldview on tech, motivations and how he solves problems in his every day life.
Get new episodes beamed directly into your inbox.
Get an email when a new episode goes up. Not more than weekly. No spam, no B.S.
Expand show notes
Topics, links and context for the audio.
- What kind of problems Jacob solves with Graf Technology
- On customers not knowing the actual problem
- How urgency impacts decisions
- How Jacob defines his customers problems by understanding their expectations
- How the relationship with the customer impacts the decision making process
- Exploring potential outcomes to come to a solution
- How Jacob evaluates new technology and ignores the new shiny thing
- Benefits vs opportunity cost
- Major life changes and motivations for tech adoption
- How Jacobs outlook impacts other areas of his life
- Why Jacob is a tech person
- On the joy of technology that actually works more than 70% of the time
- How operating from constraints aids in the decision making process
- Why we oversimplify and underestimate things
- Why Jacob is skeptical about being hyper connected
- On pivotal moments that redefine the work you're doing
- The virtues of never burning a bridge
- How to step back and iterate on your decision making process
- The Dilbert Principle
- How to set pricing and charge what you're worth
- Experience learned process vs mentors and inspiration
- 2 silly, random questions