John Michael Godier (Author, Host, Science Popularizer)
John Michael Godier is an author, a youtuber and a science popularizer. We discuss creativity, decisions and routine.
Get new episodes beamed directly into your inbox.
Get an email when a new episode goes up. Not more than weekly. No spam, no B.S.
Expand show notes
Topics, links and context for the audio.
- On the discovery of technology as a way to connect
- Ecommerce beginnings
- On the old internet, and doing things the old way
- Why John gravitated towards youtube
- How to stand out in a competitive niche on youtube
- On determining whether to create something or not
- Johns discovery process for creating content
- What John believes now, that he didn't before
- On why relying on advertising changed his business in unforeseen ways
- On writing books from a movie that plays in your head (as opposed to storyboarding and planning)
- On deciding to do a radio show
- Maintaining continuity of content between mediums
- Maintaining a commitment to quality
- When and how he got interested in science
- On equipment minimalism
- How to choose what to work on today vs tomorrow
- On how scientists think compared to regular people
- Known unknowns vs unknown unknowns and SpaceX
- Johns Youtube
- The Event Horizon on Youtube
- Johns' Book: Supermind
- The Event Horizon on Twitter